- Corn Irrigation Management under Water-Limiting Conditions EC2007: This article discusses deficit/limited irrigation management strategies as they relate to corn production.
- Soil Water Sensors for Irrigation Management EC3002: This article addresses different methods and instruments for measuring soil water status for irrigation management. The advantages and disadvantages of each method are also presented.
- Deficit Irrigation Management of Corn in the High Plains - A Review: This review highlights the findings of some of the research that has been investigated across the U.S. High Plains, including Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, and Texas.
- Predicting the Last Irrigation of the Season G1871: This article presents criteria and "rules of thumb" for predicting the last irrigation of the season for corn, grain sorghum, soybeans, and dry beans.
- Irrigation and Nitrogen Management EC2008: This article provides the knowledge base needed to manage both nitrogen and irrigation in a manner that will reduce nonpoint nitrogen contamination.
- Crop Water App: The app estimates the soil water status based on Watermark sensors.
- Using a Chlorophyll Meter to Improve N Management G1632: This article describes how to use a chlorophyll meter to detect N deficiency and determine the need for additional N fertilizer.
- Fertilizer Suggestions for Corn EC117: This article addresses how to determine fertility recommendations based on expected yield and nutrient levels in the soil.
- Site-Specific Nitrogen Management for Irrigated Corn EC163: This article addresses data collection, soil sampling, and N recommendations for site-specific decisions.
Hybrid Selection and Population Density
- Recommended Seeding Rates and Hybrid Selection for Rainfed (Dryland) Corn in Nebraska G2068: This article discusses accumulated growing degree days, soil type and field conditions, average precipitation, and the field microclimate when determining seed selection and population density.
- Understanding Risk in Hedge-to-Arrive Contracts PM (Iowa State University PM 1697B): This article addresses the four main types of future-based hedge-to-arrive contrats.
- Grain Price Hedging Basics (Iowa State University A2-60): This article addresses how prices are established, the hedging concept, producer and processor hedging, and the mechanics of placing a hedge.
Additional Articles at Nebraska Extension Publications